The LDG Z-817 is an automatic tuner intended for use with the Yaesu FT-817/818 QRP transceiver. It interfaces with the transceiver through its CAT port, providing full control of the tuning cycle. An included CAT/Power cable interfaces with your FT-817/818. This makes it an integrated tuner powered by the interface; no extra power cables are needed. Just press the tune button on the tuner and the mode is set to carrier, the RF power is reduced, a tune cycle runs and the radio is returned to the original settings. A CAT pass through port is provided for computer control.
Like most LDG tuners the Z-817 operates automatically, beginning a tuning cycle whenever the user presses the tune button on the tuner. It also features LDGs advanced memory tuning, providing 2,000 memory locations; when tuning near a previously used frequency it will recall the settings for nearly instant tuning. It learns your favorite frequencies and bands as you use it. You can also start a tuning cycle manually whenever necessary.
All LDG tuners come with a two year fully transferable warranty, and LDGs legendary customer service. Contact your LDG dealer to order.
Price – $129.99 US
- RF Power 0.1 to 20 watts SSB and CW, 5 watts for digital modes.
- Latching relays for ultra low power consumption
- Battery operated 4 x 1.5V Alkaline AA (not included).
- Built-in CAT port interface. CAT thru port for computer connection. 38400 baud.
- 2000 memories when used with FT-817/818 interface (200 memories for other radios)
- 1.8 to 54 MHz coverage
- Tunes 6 to 600 ohms (about 10:1 SWR range). 16 to 150 on 6M (about 3:1)
- SO-239 in and out connections for dipoles, verticals, beams, G5RV, OCF, ect.
- Dimensions: 5.1L, 4.7W, 1.7H.
- Weight: 9.3 ounces (without batteries).
- Includes 1 foot CAT cable.
Currently there are no firmware updates for this product.